HHS Behavior Expectations:
Respect people and property
Integrity and honor
Dedicate yourself to learning
This week’s root is pono/posit--lay, put, place
M postage (n) the cost of sending something by mail
Tu position (v) to put in a particular arrangement
W deposit (v) to lay aside; put down
Th depose (v) to put or place down as a ruler
F component (n) a part, element or ingredient
Congratulations to Mrs. Sarah Marks our November Teacher of the Month. This is Mrs. Mark's seventh year at Haughton High School. Some of you may also know her as "the voice of HHS". She is certified in English and business and teaches the IBCA classes. Mrs. Marks also has two adorable children Kaden who is 3, and Madeline who is 1. Mrs. Marks and her husband will also expand their family when Baby Marks arrives in April 2015. Some little know facts about Mrs. Marks are:
- Hardly anybody knows I was a powerlifter in high school. . .and was pretty good!
- The thing I miss about being a teenager is NO RESPONSIBILITY! (besides my grades)
- Life has taught me that I need to learn to be more patient. It is a daily struggle!
- My advice to our students is get involved! It makes high school much more fun!
- If I had to describe myself in three words it would be vivacious, adventurous, and cheerful
- What I like most about teaching at Haughton is my super awesome co-workers.
- Nothing makes me laugh like my kids! Seriously, my son is hilarious!
- I am currently reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis.
- Growing up I got in trouble for talking too much! Shocker!
- My favorite quote is, "You're never fully dressed without a smile."
- My favorite food fix is MEXICAN! Now I think I might have that for supper.